All of this happens through discipleship and training; health outreach; medical care; clean water initiatives; nutrition programs; education; and mobilizing laborers for the harvest.
The team is seeking interns who are flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to be uncomfortable. Interns that thrive in this context have a team mentality, relational focus, heart to share Jesus in word and deed, sense of humor, adventurous spirit, and don’t mind a few creepy crawlies and outside bathrooms!
- relational ministry through interaction with Ugandans and team members,
- fellowship with Jesus as you serve Him among the poor,
- shared cooking responsibilities,
- sharing the love of Jesus in story and action,
- “real” football with students,
- praying with the team and the sick and struggling,
- discipling youth,
- learn to greet in Lubwisi,
- enjoy long church services filled with dancing and singing,
- learn about Ugandan health and nutritional needs,
- eat Ugandan favorites like g-nut sauce with rice and goat.
Serve in one or more of the following areas:
- medicine/healthcare professions,
- youth discipleship, sports outreach, and Bible clubs with community children,
- children’s programs for the children of long-term missionaries (childcare/teen activities).
Grow and be discipled:
- interact and work with long-term missionaries,
- develop skills in areas of interest,
- participate in weekly team meetings,
- study the “Gospel-Centered Life” curriculum,
- go on safari for a time of reflection and fun,
- develop a broken heart for suffering,
- experience a new level of growth in your relationship with the Lord.
Where, When, Who, and How Much
- Bundibugyo, Uganda
- June 4 – July 31, 2018
- 19+ years old
- about $5,000
- Applications for summer 2018 internships are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please contact Danielle Martinelli via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.