Nutitionist – Bundibugyo, Uganda
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge team in Bundibugyo, Uganda is seeking a Nutritionist to work with BundiNutrition, a program that screens children and nursing moms for moderate and severe malnutrition and provides education, social support, Biblical encouragement, and supplemental food.
We work in collaboration with the Ministry of Health to provide 4 weekly clinics at two government health centers and provide village follow-ups for program graduates.
This program is currently running with our Ugandan staff, but we are seeking a project champion.
- Management of nutritional interventions, supervising a local nurse and two assistants
- Clinical assessment of children
- Preparation of reports
- Advocacy for funding
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Prayerful passion for the survival and thriving of marginalized children in a hard-to-reach area
- Academic qualifications to administer nutrition as a therapy
- Courage to live in stretching circumstances on a team
- Willingness to engage and learn cross-culturally
- A minimum 2-year commitment, 5-year would be wonderful
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.