Nutitionist – Bundibugyo, Uganda
LENGTH OF SERVICE
BundiNutrition screens children and nursing moms for moderate and severe malnutrition, and provides education, social support, Biblical encouragement, and supplemental food.
We work in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, 4 clinics weekly at two government health centers, and village follow-ups for graduates of the program.
- Clinical assessment of children
- Management of nutritional interventions, supervising a local nurse and two assistants
- Preparation of reports
- Advocacy for funding
This program is running currently with our Ugandan staff but would benefit from a project champion.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Prayerful passion for the survival and thriving of marginalized children in a hard-to-reach area
- Academic qualifications to administer nutrition as a therapy
- Courage to live in stretching circumstances on a team
- Willingness to engage and learn cross-culturally
- A minimum 2-year commitment, 5-year would be wonderful