The Republic of Ireland is a nominally Catholic country with the smallest percentage of evangelical Christians of any English-speaking country worldwide. Empty “religion” in some circles and the economic boom and crash of the Celtic Tiger has resulted in cynicism and ambivalence among many Irish.
It’s common to see mistrust both of church authority and the promise of economic prosperity. However, views on faith among the Irish are becoming less cultural and more authentic and explicit as individuals either move away from the church completely or desire a deeper experience with God.
Serge Ireland staff act as catalytic encouragers to see the Irish Church grow in the grace-filled gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through facilitating church plants, encouraging Irish leaders, and bringing renewal through the truth of the gospel.
All Ireland Interns will Experience:
- Cross-cultural training and cultural immersion among Irish university students and Irish church congregations,
- Working side-by-side as a team with Irish interns, pastors, and ministry leaders,
- Serving in an Irish church or mission context in the Republic of Ireland and/or Northern Ireland,
- A guided retreat where to learn and practice several spiritual disciplines of the Christian life,
- Living in community with an emphasis on:
- Exploring the Word of God through a verse-by-verse Bible study in the book of Galatians,
- The transforming power of the gospel in the believer’s ongoing journey with Christ through the Serge Ireland Free to Love: Beloved Sent Ones Sonship course,
- One-on-one spiritual mentoring,
- Great food, great fun, and great friendships in one of the most beautiful settings on earth.
Where, When, Who, How Much
- Ireland (beginning near Dublin and placed around the country for subsequent weeks)
- June 4 – August 3, 2018
- Men and Women 19+ years old
- Approx. $5,500
- Applications for summer 2018 internships are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.