Students transformed by the gospel and propelled by grace to live lives of mission for the renewal and expansion of the church in Ireland, America, and beyond.
The Republic of Ireland is nominally a Catholic ‘faith’ country and culturally a majority Catholic country. After the trauma of the institutional abuses of the Church and then rise and fall of the Celtic Tiger, Ireland has become a more inclusive country across historically sectarian lines. Opportunities for conversations and engagement around issues of faith is more inviting than ever. Views on faith among the Irish are becoming less cultural and more authentic and explicit as individuals either move away from the church completely or desire a deeper experience with God.
Serge Ireland staff act as catalytic encouragers to see the Irish Church grow in the grace-filled gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ through facilitating church plants, encouraging Irish leaders, and bringing renewal through the truth of the gospel.
IRELAND INTERNS WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Cross-cultural training and cultural immersion among Irish university students and Irish church congregations
- Working side-by-side as a team with Irish interns, pastors, and ministry leaders
- Serving in an Irish church or mission context in the Republic of Ireland and/or Northern Ireland
- A guided retreat where you will learn and practice several spiritual disciplines of the Christian life
- Living in community with an emphasis on:
- Exploring the Word of God through a manuscript Bible study in the book of Galatians
- The transforming power of the gospel in the believer’s ongoing journey with Christ through the Serge Ireland Free to Love: Beloved Sent Ones Sonship course
- One-on-one spiritual mentoring
- Great food, great fun, and great friendships in one of the most beautiful settings on earth
WHERE: Dublin, Ireland
WHEN: June 15-August 3, 2021
WHO: 19+ years old
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for 2021 summer internships are open! Apply now.
The early decision deadline to apply is November 14, 2020, and the final deadline to apply is January 6, 2021.