Intern/Apprentice Coordinator – Thailand
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge Thailand team is seeking an Internship/Apprenticeship Coordinator to help them plan, lead, and grow our team’s internship and apprenticeship programs.
A healthy mission team is always growing and always investing in the lives of others. The Serge Thailand team has found that Serge’s internships and apprenticeships are powerful ways to invest in the lives of people who are curious about missions so that they would be blessed and might consider the mission field as a place they might be willing to invest their lives for the Kingdom of God.
Work closely with Serge’s Main Internship Coordinator and the Thailand team to facilitate upcoming internships, encompassing the following responsibilities:
- Working with Thai ministry partners to plan ministry for the interns that is beneficial for both the interns and the Thai partner’s ministry
- Coordinate with Serge Thailand team members to plan intern involvement that advances both the interns’ growth and the overall objectives of the Serge Thailand team
- Create an internship budget
- Manage the reception and evaluation of intern applications
- Conduct interviews to assess potential interns’ suitability for the program and make informed decisions to approve or deny potential interns
- Arrange intern accommodations
- Collaborate with the Serge Internship Coordinator to assist interns in obtaining Thai visas and airline tickets for travel to Thailand
- Organize transportation, supplies, and other logistical support for intern ministries
- Plan and execute orientation programs to acclimate interns effectively
- Organize debriefing sessions to assess intern experiences and gather feedback
- Support interns’ physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being during their stay in Thailand in partnership with the Serge Thailand team
- Collaborate with the Serge intern coordinator to conduct post-internship evaluations and identify areas for improvement
- Explore opportunities for “career” interns to engage further with our organization
- Investigate the potential value of establishing an apprenticeship program in collaboration with the Serge Thailand team
- If deemed worthwhile, work closely with the Serge Main Apprenticeship Coordinator to develop a structured apprenticeship program tailored to the needs of the Serge Thailand team
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
Since coordinating our team’s intern and apprentice programs is not a full time job, this role would most likely involve participating in some other team role as well.
This position requires learning the Thai language after arriving on the field.
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.