Ministry Leader Mentor – Thailand
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Thai pastors and ministry leaders often feel isolated and under-resourced to be Christians and follow God’s call to ministry. One of our greatest objectives on the Serge Thailand team is to encourage and empower Thai ministry leaders.
To do this, we need to begin by building trusting relationships with our Thai ministry partners.
Ministry Leader Mentors will work together with the entire Serge Thailand team to build relationships in the following ways:
- Be assigned an area of the map of Thailand, aka “Area of Responsibility” (AoR)
- Take responsibility to communicate with, listen to, pray for, encourage, love, bless, advocate for, etc Thai ministry leaders and their families inside their AoR
- Meet with Thai ministry leaders in person at least 2 times per year
- Communicate with Thai ministry leaders via phone, email, and social media weekly
Additionally, they will offer the help of the Serge Thailand team to Thai ministry leaders in ways that align with our mission, vision, and values, and where we possess gifts, time, and resources.
When Thai ministry leaders make specific requests for assistance, the Ministry Leader Mentor will relay these requests to the entire Serge Thailand team. The team will then work together to determine the most suitable means of meeting these requests in alignment with our mission, vision, and values.
Furthermore, the Ministry Leader Mentor will collaborate with the Serge Thailand team to plan and execute various ministry activities, projects, and initiatives aimed at aiding our Thai ministry partners. These might include things like (but are not limited to):
- Organizing short English classes and camps
- Community outreach events
- Community prayer walks
- Organizing training events
- Organizing retreats and conferences for Thai ministry leaders and their spouses
- Providing limited supplies and funding for approved ministry projects (to be approved by the team)
- Exploring other ideas as offered by Thai ministry leaders
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
This role does not require any one specific set of skills or spiritual gifts. In fact, team members in this role have the most impact when functioning as a team that includes a broad range of spiritual gifts and abilities.
That being said, the following attitudes/passions are a must:
- A heart to love, bless and empower Thai ministry leaders
- An open heart and open hands willing to serve in ways that will, at times, fit the individual’s gifts and, at other times, will not fit their personal gifts
- A commitment to learning the Thai language upon arrival in the field
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.