ESL Teacher / Business English Consultant – Middle East
LENGTH OF SERVICE
A Serge team in the Middle East is looking for an ESL teacher / Business English consultant to coach business women and men of various ages and skill levels in English in a highly-unreached Middle Eastern mega-city.
- Help facilitate conversational English classes, public speaking workshops, or other courses based on candidates’ skills and interests.
- Support local church planting efforts in various capacities
- Participate in regular team life: team meetings, outreach, house church meetings, etc.
- Spend the first year in full-time language study.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Must have an accredited teaching certificate (CELTA, TESOL, etc), or be willing to earn one locally
- Business and teaching experience are helpful, but not required
- Passion and love to see M*sl*ms come to know Jesus
- A dedicated student of language and culture
- Must be willing to live in a dense, urban setting and take public transportation (metro, bus, ferries)
- Teachability, team player attitude, willingness to work closely with others
- Cultural sensitivity and relatively high-risk tolerance
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.