The Republic of Ireland is a nominally Catholic country with the smallest percentage of evangelical Christians of any English-speaking country worldwide. Empty “religion” in some circles and the economic boom and crash of the Celtic Tiger has resulted in cynicism and ambivalence among many Irish. It’s common to see mistrust both of church authority and the promise of economic prosperity. However, views on faith among the Irish are becoming less cultural and more authentic and explicit as individuals either move away from the church completely or desire a deeper experience with God.
Serge Ireland has a primary focus of strengthening the Irish church in all of her expressions and supporting Irish believers as they engage their neighbors with the gospel. Serge Ireland is comprised of two teams. The Metro Team is located in and around Dublin and primarily works with emerging leaders, the creative arts community, and Serge Apprentices. The Motion Team focuses on Gospel expansion across the island, particularly through relationships with Irish church planters.
Serge Ireland Teammates:
- Encourage spiritual formation and leadership development of church leaders, students, and young adults,
- Engage in personal evangelism with our friends and neighbors,
- Provide vision and leadership among the creative arts community,
- Support and mentoring church planters and church planting teams,
- Offer professional, gospel-centered counseling.
As one of Serge’s first countries of service, Serge Ireland has worked alongside many national leaders to support the establishment, growth, and multiplication of several churches. Additionally, through the Apprentice and Internship programs, we’ve been blessed to see spiritual renewal in the lives of many young adults as they gain a deeper understanding of their identity in Christ through intentional study of the gospel. As beloved sent ones, these young adults have gone on to become church and ministry leaders, and godly influences in their homes and workplaces.
Building the Team
Serge Ireland is seeking individuals who are willing to immerse themselves in the fabric of the Irish culture and become rooted in local communities. We desire to build our team with members who have a strong gospel-centered identity and an ability to function as catalytic encouragers for the local church.
- For God to provide a team leader and team to serve in N. Ireland,
- For the many faithful church leaders and church planters on the island,
- For Serge missionary Apprentices to gain rooting and clarity for their God-given callings,
- For emotional and spiritual healing for individuals being counseled by Serge staff,
- For the gospel to go forth through the creative arts community in Ireland.
Over many years Serge has seen the fruitfulness of Irish church plants. Through the Serge Irish Church Planter Fund we provide start-up grants for church plants across Ireland. By God’s grace, Serge-Ireland has implemented this partnership with five different pastors in the past ten years.