Community Development Specialist – Dominican Republic
TYPE OF WORK
Serge’s team in the Dominican Republic is looking for a Community Development Specialist. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com)!
Position Title: Community Development Specialist
Location: Dominican Republic
Length of Service: Term length can range from special internship (less than a year) to long-term service (1-4 years)
- Give general direction to the Leadership Development for Community Transformation department: mission, vision, administration, programs, and finances.
- Develop and implement a Developmental Plan and mentoring focused on developing the Head, Heart and Hands, for leaders involved in transforming communities where Serge partners are serving.
- Develop, produce, and edit other training resources (written, audio and video) for other training events as necessary, including conducting interviews with beneficiary communities, network leaders, youth, prisoners, etc.
- Give follow up through regular visits to leaders and the communities where Serge partners are involved in Community Transformation efforts.
- Participate in raising funds for annual operational needs, special needs, and special projects.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the department, assuring the smooth operation of the same, including measuring, revising, and evaluating the results of departmental activities.
- Provide weekly individual supervision to any staff member (if applicable).
- Work in close collaboration with other team members to assure all are working together in a collaborative manner.
- Other tasks for the betterment of the team and those we serve, as needed.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Mature believer in Jesus Christ who prioritizes a deepening relationship with Him.
- Willingness to live cross-culturally, serving and interacting with people whose perspective and understanding may vary significantly from his/hers.
- University degree of equivalent experience in relevant area.
- Effective communication in English and Spanish; including the ability to present information to donors and organizational allies. (If an individual is not bilingual, the willingness to make this a priority in the first 12 months.)
- Read, analyze, and create financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Exhibit independent judgement in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.