Business Administrator – Urban East Africa
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge team in Urban East Africa is engaged in many Business for Transformation (B4T) ministries, but business administration is not a core skill and/or passion for anyone on the team. We love the people we serve and are passionate about the foundational skills each business requires (e.g., medical work).
We would like to add a business administrator to the team who would provide a higher level of business expertise (e.g., finance, marketing, legal, etc) for multiple existing businesses, enabling current and future team members to spend their time expanding core business services and community relationships.
- Support the development and operations of the core functions of current and future businesses – finance, accounting, operations, IT, marketing, sales, legal, HR/org design/org behavior
- Support team members in developing business plans for new businesses, or create a new business of your own.
- Develop and train others in business administration
- Support team’s fundraising endeavors to start and maintain businesses
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Ability to adapt business knowledge, skills, and abilities to a missions-specific context
- Ability to work well with missionaries, other ex-pats, nationals, and refugees alike
- Enjoys learning about many industries and types of businesses in this context
- Enjoys equipping others
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we believe we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.