ESL Teacher – Cluj, Romania
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge team in Romania works among a large community of Roma people, one of Romania‘s largest minorities, living on the outskirts of Cluj. Most Roma speak some form of Romany, a language closely related to the modern Indo-European languages of northern India, as well as Romanian.
The team is looking for someone who is experienced in teaching English or English as Second Language (ESL) to join the team to teach English to Roma youth and, if time allows, to others.
- Teaching 2-3 English classes a week to Roma youth.
- Teaching English to other Roma age groups and to adults at the Tököz Hungarian Reformed Church, as time and opportunity allow.
- Studying Romanian intensively for the first year on the field.
- Participating in regular team and community life: team meetings, outreach, church meetings, etc.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Personal experience of the gospel and a desire to share it with others.
- Experience teaching English or ESL for at least 1-2 years.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Enthusiasm for language learning.
- Cultural sensitivity and good listening skills.
- Ability to be a team player with a teachable spirit.
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we believe we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.
Are you interested in serving as an ESL Teacher ?
If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way!
NOT SURE YOU ARE A PERFECT FIT?
You don’t have to be! Get in touch to discuss a custom opportunity
or tailor this need to suit your skills and passions. Contact Us –>