Director of Finance – Thailand
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge Thailand team is seeking a Director of Finance to oversee the planning and reporting of finances for our publishing company (New Self Tech LLC) to make it profitable both in its financial bottom line and ministry bottom line.
In working with and listening to Thai ministry leaders, the team has learned that there is a need to provide Thai people with the means of supporting their own church planting work. As a result, they are working to build an online publishing company that will provide potential Thai church leaders the skills they need to build and run their own businesses. Our vision is to see these Thai-led businesses supporting and empowering the work of church planting all over Thailand.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Thai finance staff. Thai professionals who can speak, read, and write the English language, possess the technical skills necessary to perform financial tasks, and demonstrate the potential to be godly elders or deacons in a local Thai church
- Oversee financial planning for upcoming company work, including creating budgets for upcoming fiscal years
- Oversee the reporting of income and expenses for New Self Tech LLC
- Oversee the payment of all bills, taxes, payroll, etc. for New Self Tech LLC
- Recommend ways in which New Self Tech LLC might improve its financial situation to include:
- New markets to expand into
- Ways of trimming costs
- Ways of improving productivity by investing in our staff
- and more…
- Work with other Serge teammates to nurture, disciple, and encourage Thai staff to prepare them for the task of helping and supporting the work of planting churches with Thai pastors
Because New Self Tech LLC is still a small company, it may be necessary for the Director of Finance to split their time with other finance-related responsibilities for the team, such as assisting with the finances of the foundation or our ongoing ministries.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- This role requires, not just the knowledge and ability to create financial plans and reports, but the ability, passion, and desire to disciple and teach these skills to Thai staff members
- Learning the Thai language after arriving on the field is required
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.