Vehicle Mechanic / Instructor / Youth Mentor – Dominican Republic
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Serge’s team in the Dominican Republic is looking for a Vehicle Mechanic / Instructor / Youth Mentor. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Length of Service: Term length can range from special internship (less than a year) to long-term service (1-4 years)
- Develop and implement a training program for young people interested in becoming vehicle mechanics which incorporates spiritual discipleship and life skills as well as technical expertise.
- Assist team members with the purchase of vehicles, maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Assist the materially poor with low-price vehicles
- Mentor students
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Mature believer in Jesus Christ who prioritizes a deepening relationship with Him.
- Willingness to live cross-culturally, serving and interacting with people whose perspective and understanding may vary significantly from his/hers.
- 3-5 years of experience or education as a vehicle mechanic, preferably with both gasoline and diesel engines.
- Ability to teach students with little or no formal education.
- Effective communication in English and Spanish; including the ability to present information to donors and organizational allies. (If an individual is not bilingual, the willingness to make this a priority in the first 12 months.)
Are you interested in serving as a Vehicle Mechanic / Instructor / Youth Mentor – Dominican Republic?
If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way!
NOT SURE YOU ARE A PERFECT FIT?
You don’t have to be! Get in touch to discuss a custom opportunity
or tailor this need to suit your skills and passions. Contact Us –>