Missionary Kid Teachers – Africa
TYPE OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Serge teams in East Africa are in need of teachers for the children of mission team members. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Position Title: Missionary Kid Teacher
Length of Service: 1, 2, or 2+ years service
Responsibilities: Assist Serge missionary families in the education of their children. Quality education for their children helps promote the longevity and sustainability of our missionaries. “Missionary Kid” teachers are invaluable members of our mission teams. Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans,
- Instruct children in academic studies, differentiating instruction to help each child master the academic content presented,
- Prepare homework assignments and assessments; oversee standardized testing,
- Maintain student records,
- Maintain teaching credentials and participate in professional development activities,
- Participate in ministries with people from the local community as interests and gifts direct and time allows.
Requirements and Critical Qualities: A degree in education or a related field is preferred; a teaching license is a plus. Serge’s Missionary Kid Teachers juggle multiple grade levels and subjects, so we are seeking individuals who are skilled at managing a wide variety of student needs and subjects. Candidates would ideally have at least 1 year of U.S. teaching experience at the start of applying and 2 years of experience by the time of deployment.
Want to learn more about becoming an MK Teacher? Check out our MK Teacher page for more information!