Community Development Specialist – Dominican Republic
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Serge’s team in the Dominican Republic is looking for a Community Development Specialist to help them with their ongoing mercy ministry efforts that serve both Dominicans and Haitian immigrants.
- Give general direction to the Leadership Development for Community Transformation department: mission, vision, administration, programs, and finances
- Develop and implement a developmental plan and mentoring focused on developing the head, heart, and hands, of leaders involved in transforming communities where Serge partners are serving
- Develop, produce, and edit other training resources (written, audio, and video) for other training events as necessary, including conducting interviews with beneficiary communities, network leaders, youth, prisoners, etc
- Give follow-up through regular visits to leaders and the communities where Serge’s partners are involved in Community Transformation efforts
- Participate in raising funds for annual operational needs, special needs, and special projects
- Responsible for the daily operations of the department, assuring the smooth operation of the same, including measuring, revising, and evaluating the results of departmental activities
- Provide weekly individual supervision to any staff member (if applicable)
- Work in close collaboration with other team members to assure all are working together in a collaborative manner
- Other tasks for the betterment of the team and those we serve, as needed
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- University degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area
- Mature believer in Jesus Christ who prioritizes a deepening relationship with Him
- Willingness to live cross-culturally, serving and interacting with people whose perspective and understanding may vary significantly from his/hers
- Effective communication in English and Spanish; including the ability to present information to donors and organizational allies. (If an individual is not bilingual, the willingness to make this a priority in the first 12 months.)
- Read, analyze, and create financial reports, legal documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations; write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans, procedures, and policies
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.