Renewal Specialist – Nagoya, Japan
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The Serge Japan in Nagoya team works in local church partnership, gospel renewal, and facilitative church planting.
They desire Japanese pastors and ministry leaders to know that the Good News they preach to others is also for them. Through mentorship, training, and practical ministry assistance, the team provides support to Japanese pastors, church planters, and their families, fostering a sense of fellowship, prayer, and connection. The team seeks to serve as catalysts for spiritual renewal among leaders that will lead to new and renewed churches throughout Japan.
They are currently seeking a Renewal Specialist to join their team, enhancing their capacity to deliver one-on-one mentoring, gospel teaching, and contextualized resources. In this role, you will come alongside local leaders with the heart to transfer gospel DNA in various transformative ways and equip Japanese leaders to serve their congregations and communities.
- Mentor individuals one-on-one in the Sonship curriculum
- Deliver teaching in different formats, including our week-long retreats known as Grace Week(s) and in classroom/seminar settings
- Teach or facilitate virtual or in-person cohorts and other events
- Plan and execute virtual or in-person events
- Assist Japanese workers in creating gospel-centered content tailored to cultural and Japanese issues
- Creatively envision similar work and future opportunities in other parts of Asia
The makeup of the renewal role may vary based on the person’s experience and interests.
Additionally, this person will be an essential member of the Nagoya team, actively participating in facilitative church planting efforts and community outreach and relationship building.
Engaging faithfully in team life will involve leadership of projects, fellowship with teammates, providing pastoral care for others on the team, and collaborative planning for the team’s life and ministry.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Ideally, some seminary or Bible college training
- At least 5 years of ministry experience (church, campus, counseling, etc.)
- Ability to engage in strategic and heart-level conversations with others in full-time Christian ministry, especially in the areas of teaching and mentoring
- Humility, flexibility, and love for the church
- Willingness to actively participate in and model the gospel within the team and community life
- Willingness to learn the Japanese language and culture
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage programs (if this becomes part of the role)
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we believe we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.