Missionary Kid Teachers – Africa
Serge teams in East and Central Africa are in need of teachers for the children of mission team members.
Quality education for missionary children helps promote the longevity and sustainability of our missionaries. “Missionary Kid” teachers are invaluable members of our mission teams.
Serge’s Missionary Kid Teachers juggle multiple grade levels and subjects, so we are seeking individuals who are skilled at managing a wide variety of student needs and subjects. Candidates would ideally have at least 1 year of U.S. teaching experience at the start of applying and 2 years of experience by the time of deployment.
Length of Service – this can vary from 1-5 year terms. Get in touch to learn more.
- Assist Serge missionary families in the education of their children
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans
- Instruct children in academic studies, differentiating instruction to help each child master the academic content presented
- Prepare homework assignments and assessments; oversee standardized testing
- Maintain student records
- Maintain teaching credentials and participate in professional development activities
- Participate in ministries with people from the local community as interests and gifts direct and time allows
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- A degree in education or a related field is preferred; a teaching license is a plus.
Want to learn more about becoming an MK Teacher? Learn more here.
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.