Kitchen Manager/Baker – South Asia
LENGTH OF SERVICE
A Serge team in South Asia is looking for a baker and/or kitchen manager for a Business for Transformation Cafe in a South Asian city. (Possibly at one location or multiple locations.)
This role would help with day-to-day operations and oversight of other managers and staff members. You would also help lead and further the execution of the holistic goals of the cafe—social outreach/mercy/justice ministry, bible study, and discipleship.
Some aspects of the dual role of business management and outreach could be divided into varying degrees.
- Attends and actively participates in all team meetings and retreats as determined by the team leader
- Contributes to the team through spiritual and practical giftings (e.g. administration, treasurer, hospitality, worship, preaching, etc.) as agreed upon with the team leader
- Develops and maintains relationships with staff members, fostering trust and facilitating gospel conversations. Acts as a contact point for bringing staff members and community members to house fellowships and Bible studies
- Provides strong supervision over the development of bakery employees and products. Oversees day-to-day kitchen operations, working closely with national leaders to execute projects and provide leadership
- Helps lead and ensure the achievement of the holistic goals of the café
- Raises and maintains financial support as determined by field leadership
- Demonstrates servant leadership and acts within its framework
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Basic knowledge and interest in baking but no formal training required.
- Commitment and passion for Jesus Christ and to the global expansion of His Kingdom
- Commitment to missional/incarnational living through engagement in team life and work
- Commitment to personal repentance and renewal as the motive and power for mission
- Commitment to holistic ministry (i.e. word/deed, or specifically for this team, integrating justice and mission)
- Demonstrated walk with Jesus (Acts 4:13) with no formal Christian education needed
- Broad understanding of contextualized missions
- Willingness to learn and grow in Jesus, relationships, and South Asian culture
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.