Obstetrics Gynecology (OBGYN) Physician – South Asia
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Make a significant impact on the healthcare landscape of the greater Himalayan region by joining our Serge team in South Asia as an Obstetrics Gynecology Physician.
In the city where the team serves, a mission hospital established in 1938 has not had a permanent OBGYN in the last 5 years, resulting in a large patient population that we are unable to serve.
If you have a desire to work in an overseas setting and are passionate about women’s health, this is an opportunity to make a difference in this region.
- Provide comprehensive women’s health care, including obstetrics care, antenatal care, postpartum care, and care for postmenopausal women in the region
- Work in a hospital setting alongside a surgeon, nurse anesthetist, and nursing staff support
- Help conduct educational classes on women’s health and menstrual hygiene for patients in the community
- Assist in the continuing education of nursing staff and national medical students on OBGYN care
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- MD or DO degree with a specialization in Obstetrics Gynecology
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a cross-cultural setting
- Passion for serving underserved populations and a desire to make a difference in an overseas setting
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.