Missionary Kid Teacher Assistant (Vocational Intern) – Kibuye, Burundi
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Since 2013, the Serge team in Kibuye has partnered with Hope Africa University and Kibuye Hope Hospital to bring compassionate medical care in the name of Jesus to the poor in rural Burundi. The team also serves as medical school faculty, equipping the next generation of Burundian physicians.
The team’s children (also known as missionary kids, or third-culture kids) are on this journey with them and are a vital part of their ministry. As the team has grown, they find themselves in the position of needing supplementary help in the form of teachers and teacher assistants.
This team lives very interconnectedly within the Kibuye community. They are looking for an individual who can share a living space on the hospital compound and minister alongside the team in the community.
Internship dates: August 2023 – May 2024
As a vocational intern on the Kibuye team, you would primarily support the families of the Kibuye Hope missions hospital. The supportive responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Childcare for a young missionary family with 3 young children (K-5) in the mornings.
- Support in school – particularly specials / Extracurriculars – PE, Art, music…etc
- Tutoring assistance (when needed) for Elementary / Middle school students
- Several dedicated hours per day to shadowing Serge’s medical missionaries at the hospital in the afternoons
- Connecting with Burundian med students and learning about the medical education program at Hope Hospital
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- a humble and teachable spirit
- a desire for personal spiritual mentorship
- a flexible and positive attitude
- someone who has an interest in medical missions / working in a hospital setting
- enjoys working with children and families
- a committed Christian who has cross-cultural experience or desire
- a certified teacher, teacher’s assistant, nanny, or childcare professions willing to learn about teaching within a homeschool setting.
- a willingness or flexibility to work with homeschool methods and vision
- a willingness to receive positive feedback and constructive criticism
- a willingness to raise support and come through a mission agency
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we believe we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.
Are you interested in serving as a Missionary Kid Teacher Assistant (Vocational Intern) – Kibuye, Burundi?
If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way!
NOT SURE YOU ARE A PERFECT FIT?
You don’t have to be! Get in touch to discuss a custom opportunity
or tailor this need to suit your skills and passions. Contact Us –>