Serge has multiple teams in Ireland (Cork and Dublin) and one team in Northern Ireland (Belfast) working to empower, equip and encourage Irish pastors and leaders in their ministry efforts.
Both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland have a long history with the Christian religion. While traces of religious traditionalism remain, whole-hearted Christian faith has been widely forgotten. Nevertheless, due to the weakening of the institutional church combined with encroaching secularism, many individuals are considering the relevancy of faith and experiencing an intimate relationship with Jesus.
Rather than plant churches directly, the Serge team helps to facilitate the work of Irish ministry leaders in their own context whether in church planting or revitalization.
As an apprentice in Ireland, you will…
- Work in a local church or non-profit ministry, with potential assignments in children’s/youth ministry, church-planting support, the creative arts, tutoring/mentoring, and more. And support the Serge summer intern program.
- Join weekly Serge team meetings with classes and prayer
- Be focused primarily on your community found through local ministry placement
Overall, the Ireland Apprenticeship prepares and propels someone towards a life of ministry.
Interested in being an Apprentice in Ireland?
Details in Ireland
Length of Service: 24 MonthsLanguage requirements:
NoneTypes of work:
- Youth and Children
- Facilitative Church Planting
- Discipleship and Evangelism to peers in Inner city outreach