Water Engineer – Bundibugyo, Uganda
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Bundibugyo is a remote district in Uganda with abundant rainfall and springs that descend from the Rwenzori Mountain range, but no government-protected water supply.
Our team has built and maintained a number of gravity-flow water systems to provide thousands of people with clean water, which both protects from illness and death and serves women who must otherwise carry water long distances from rivers and streams.
We are seeking a water engineer to work in consultation with our team’s water engineer Josh Dickenson to design, submit to the district for approval, contract, and supervise the construction of pipelines and tanks to collect and distribute clean water.
- Helps design, submit to the district for approval, contract, and supervise the construction of pipelines and tanks to collect and distribute clean water
- Helps with community mobilization and school outreach with WASH curriculum tied to Gospel content
- Disciples local water engineers
- Maintains commitment to mercy, evangelism, and discipleship in a very poor and remote area
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Degree in engineering, civil or environmental preferred
- Experience in low-resource system adaptation helpful, willingness to work cross-culturally with humility essential
- Capacity to live on a small team in a remote area, to invest relationally in teammates and community members through prayer and fellowship
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.