Vocational Artist Intern – North Africa
TYPES OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
This vocational internship offers a unique opportunity for emerging artists, such as early career professionals, recent graduates, or fourth-year art school students, to work as an artist for more than 9 weeks with this Serge team in North Africa.
The position is open to visual artists, writers, filmmakers, dancers, photographers, musicians, and other creative individuals.
The successful candidate will share living space with fellow vocational interns and must be willing to live independently in an urban environment.
Internship dates: September 3, 2023 – November 8, 2023.
The Serge team in North Africa is dedicated to spreading the gospel of God’s grace and establishing His kingdom and church in the region through fostering relationships and engaging in Business for Transformation. North Africa remains one of the least-reached regions globally, with less than 0.5 percent of the population believing in Jesus. However, through the establishment of sustainable businesses in urban areas of North Africa, Serge workers have been able to provide economic blessings and opportunities to model and share grace, resulting in spiritual and economic transformation and the establishment of indigenously led, reproducing churches.
- Write a detailed proposal of the work you plan to create during your internship
- Maintain regular studio hours as you work on a proposed creative project while being mentored by staff artists and making connections in the arts community.
- Gain experience living out your faith through a legitimate vocation as a practicing artist in a cross-cultural, creative-access context.
- Explore how your vocation as an artist fits into the work of blessing the nations and being salt and light wherever you live.
- Meet weekly with your mentor to be trained in and learn more about cross-cultural work.
- Gain a deeper understanding of God’s work in the Arabic-speaking world.
- Study the local Arabic dialect to begin communicating and building relationships in the community.
- Explore vocation, gifting, and passions in ministry and principles for sharing the gospel in this context through relationship and business for transformation.
- Participate in team life with a view to understanding the important role of the local community in this kind of work.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Must be a Christian with an active walk with the Lord and the desire to grow in their understanding of the gospel at work in their life.
- Cross-culturally sensitive, with a heart for kingdom work in least-reached regions, and interested in exploring this type of work vocationally.
- Mature, flexible, independent, self-motivated, and willing to take initiative.
- 20+ years old.
- Interested in Arabic language and culture.
Serge is an international missions agency that believes we believe we need the gospel as much as anyone we are trying to reach. We want to see the power of God’s grace transform your own life and motivate and sustain you to move into the lives of others.
We want your ministry to be sustainable – our dedicated Member Care Team comes alongside you personally and proactively – providing tangible support for your entire length of service.
Are you interested in serving as a Vocational Artist Intern ?
If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way!
NOT SURE YOU ARE A PERFECT FIT?
You don’t have to be! Get in touch to discuss a custom opportunity
or tailor this need to suit your skills and passions. Contact Us –>