Serge Apprenticeship Program Leader – Nairobi, Kenya
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Serge’s team in Nairobi, Kenya is looking for a new teammate to staff its Serge Apprenticeship program. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com)!
Position Title: Serge Apprenticeship Program Leader
Locations: Nairobi, Kenya
Length of Service: 4 years service (long-term)
Responsibilities: Oversee Serge missionary apprentices in the Serge Nairobi Apprenticeship. Duties include training, discipling, mentoring, and overseeing ministry placements. In addition to the role with Serge Apprentices, there would be involvement with additional ministry in Nairobi depending on gifting, experience, and needs of the team. The main areas in which we are serving the church in Nairobi are church planter mentoring, football ministry, and bible storying.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Preferably someone who has been through a Serge Apprenticeship, or who has some seminary or counseling training.
- Experience living in Africa is a plus.
- Character: ability and desire to guide others, wisdom with confidentiality, and courage to address conflict
- Skills: Experience in discipleship and mentoring (completion of Serge’s Discipler Training course is a plus), relational, emotional, and cultural intelligence
- Knowledge: understanding of God’s word, a vision of the Nairobi team, familiarity with grace-based concepts as articulated by Reformed theology and practiced by Serge