Regional Care Team Leader – East Africa
TYPE OF WORK
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Serge’s team in East Africa is looking for a Regional Care Team Leader. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form (www.serge.org/go). If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Position Title: Regional Care Team Leader
Location: East Africa
Length of Service: 4 years service (long-term)
- The Team Leader (TLs) for Serge’s Regional Care Team in East Africa lead a team in providing care for Serge missionaries and training, equipping, and mentoring for local leaders as location and context allows. Team Leaders work with Serge area leadership to regularly assess big picture care needs of teams in the region, recruit team members who will fulfill those needs, and provide oversight for the team’s work to aid in their overall flourishing.
- In providing care for regional Serge workers, the Team Leaders will stay in regular contact; providing ongoing care and opportunities for growth and spiritual formation through a team of counselors and pastoral care workers. In cases of crisis response or conflict resolution, the TLs will work in partnership with Serge area leadership and home office leadership.
- TLs will engage in local training and equipping opportunities, supporting the work of local ministries, and/or responding to local needs, as context, location and experience allows. This could mean networking with local ministry leaders to assess potential ways for members of the Regional Care Team to come alongside local efforts. Serge aims to support local ministry efforts and equipping of local leaders in ways that correspond with the TLs areas of skill and training.
- The TLs will pursue professional development in the areas of pastoral care, gospel renewal, and/or counseling care as part of this role. They should also pursue personal and family well-being; including physical, emotional and spiritual.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and the global expansion of His Kingdom.
- Call to missional living and desire to engage with assigned Team in fulfilling its vision.
- Devotion to prayer, personal repentance and renewal as the motive and power for mission.
- Completion and practice of Serge’s Sonship course and principles.
- Commitment to Serge Core Values and Serge Leadership Competencies, demonstrated in work and interactions.
- An ability to work effectively with a team and practice healthy conflict resolution.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in either counseling, pastoral care or member care in the US, or 2 years doing that work in the US plus 3 years overseas missionary experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role either in the US or overseas.
- Ideally has lived cross-culturally for at least 3 years.
- Advanced degree in pastoral care or counseling, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.