Serge teams in Africa, Asia, and Latin America are in need of teachers for the children of mission team members. If you are interested, please apply. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com).
Position Title: Missionary Kid Teacher
Locations: Chogoria, Kenya; Litein, Kenya; Bundibugyo, Uganda; Kibuye, Burundi; Nyankunde, D.R. Congo; Cusco, Peru; Quillota, Chile; East Asia (Closed Access).
Deployment: as soon as possible
Length of Service: Preferably a minimum of 2 years service
Responsibilities: Assist Serge missionary families in the education of their children. Quality education for their children helps promote the longevity and sustainability of our missionaries. “Missionary Kid” teachers are invaluable members of our mission teams. Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans,
- Instruct children in academic studies, differentiating instruction to help each child master the academic content presented,
- Prepare homework assignments and assessments; oversee standardized testing,
- Maintain student records,
- Maintain teaching credentials and participate in professional development activities,
- Participate in ministries with people from the local community as interests and gifts direct and time allows.
Requirements and Critical Qualities: Candidates must have a degree in education or a related field and a teaching license. Serge’s Missionary Kid Teachers juggle multiple grade levels and subjects, so we are seeking teachers who are skilled at managing a wide variety of student needs and subjects. Ideally, candidates would have at least 1 year of U.S. teaching experience at the start of applying and 2 years experience by the time of deployment.