A Serge team in a large international city on a Middle Eastern peninsula, is in need of a teammate to pastor a large international church. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com)!
Position Title: International Church Pastor
Location: large international city on a Middle Eastern peninsula
Deployment: as soon as possible
Length of Service: 4 years service (long-term)
Responsibilities: Serve on staff at a large international church. This is a gospel-centered church serving 900 adults from 50 different nations whose vision is to focus on evangelism and discipleship of least-reached and hard to reach people in their region. It is their hope to see their city as a hub of pastoral training by establishing a pastoral training center with seminary education, conferences, church planting training, resource development, counseling, translation and the building a pastoral and counseling network.
This position is for a pastor who is gifted as a ministerial generalist. This person would not be the primary preaching pastor but instead would be serving in a variety of ministry capacities depending on the needs of the season.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Past formal theological training required
- Cross-cultural ministry experience preferred
- Eagerness to work alongside of multiple different nationalities/ethnicities. This is a position that is not people-group focused, but ministering to and with many peoples in a particular place.
- Willingness to learn another language
- Given the city’s context, a heart for people from the dominant religion in the area