Serge’s team in Cluj, Romania has an urgent need for facilitative church planter/mentor. If you are interested, please apply. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com).
Position Title: Facilitative Church Planter/Mentor
Location: Cluj, Romania
Need: URGENT desired deployment as early as May 2019
Length of Service: 4 years
Working alongside a national church planter, this individual would help facilitate an international, Gospel-centered church plant in Cluj, Romania, with the longterm vision of encouraging the renewal of Cluj spiritually, culturally, and socially. While initially targeting Cluj’s English speaking international community, such a church might also serve as a neutral worship space for people from both the Romanian and Hungarian communities. Responsibilities include:
1. Serving the church
- Facilitates the church plant preaching, teaching, visioncasting, shepherding, counseling, training, planning
- Assists in raising up church officers and leaders (develops indigenous leadership team)
- Leads a home group and helps develop future home group leaders
- Pursues opportunities to build relationships with members and visitors
2. Serving the City of Cluj
- Pursues opportunities to build relationships and share the Gospel with nonChristians
- Participates in local, likeminded ministries and projects
- Fosters relationships in strategic institutions for outreach
- Serves on community boards or other forms of outreach.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and the global expansion of His Kingdom.
- Call to missional living and desire to engage with assigned Team in fulfilling its vision.
- Devotion to prayer, personal repentance and renewal as the motive and power for mission.
- Commitment to Serge Core Values, demonstrated in work and interactions.
- An ability to work effectively with a team and practice healthy conflict resolution.
- At least some degree of seminary training.
- Training and experience in church planting.
- A love for evangelism and discipleship.
- A willingness to pursue conversational fluency in both Romanian and Hungarian, although fluency in neither language is an initial requirement.