Serge’s team in Hounslow is looking for an ESL Teacher/Community Outreach Worker. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form (www.serge.org/go). If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Position Title: ESL Teacher/Community Outreach Worker
Location: Hounslow, London, UK
Length of Service: 4 years service
Responsibilities: There are over 300 known languages spoken in London and many of those languages can be heard spoken on the Hounslow High Street. We are seeking someone who is experienced in teaching English as a second language. Having a teaching certificate (CELTA, TESOL, etc) is strongly desired – but not a requirement. Responsibilities include the following:
– Set up and run English classes in an urban and ethnically diverse area.
– Support local church planting efforts in various capacities
– Participate in regular team life: team meetings, outreach, church meetings, etc.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
– Have had a job teaching English for at least 1-2 years
– Culturally sensitive and a good listener
– Deep love for Christ and His church
– Team player with a teachable spirit
To begin the application process, fill out a Go Form.