A Serge team in the Middle East is looking for an ESL teacher / Business English consultant. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Position Title: ESL Teacher / Business English Consultant
Location: Middle Eastern mega-city
Length of Service: 2 years or 4 years (long-term)
- Coach business women and men of various ages and skill levels in English in a highly-unreached Middle Eastern mega-city
- Help facilitate conversational English classes, public speaking workshops, or other courses based on candidates skills and interest.
- Support local church planting efforts in various capacities
- Participate in regular team life: team meetings, outreach, house church meetings, etc.
- Spend the first year in full-time language study.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Must have an accredited teaching certificate (CELTA, TESOL, etc), or be willing to earn one locally
- Business and teaching experience helpful, but not required
- Passion and love to see M*sl*ms come to know Jesus
- Dedicated student of language and culture
- Must be willing to live in a dense, urban setting and take public transportation (metro, bus, ferries)
- Teachability, team player attitude, willingness to work closely with others
- Cultural sensitivity and relatively high risk tolerance
To begin the application process, fill out a Go Form.