A Serge team in a large international city on a Middle Eastern peninsula, is in need of Biblical Counseling teammates. If you are interested, please fill out a Go Form. If you know someone who is interested, please send them our way (email@example.com)!
Position Title: Biblical Counselor
Location: large international city on a Middle Eastern peninsula
Deployment: as soon as possible
Length of Service: 4 years service (long-term)
Responsibilities: This team’s vision is to see churches and individuals in their region have access to Christ-centered care and be equipped in biblical counseling in order to fulfill the Great Commission. We believe that healthy Christians and healthy churches are the brightest lights in their community. We are the best witnesses when our lives—the good, the bad, and the hard—are lived in a manner worthy of the gospel. Being able to show the relevance and power of God’s word for everyday life opens many doors to share the message of Christ. Responsibilities of this position include providing counseling for individuals and families, helping establish a counseling ministry/center that will impact the city and the region, and outreach to locals.
Requirements and Critical Qualities:
- Degree in biblical counseling (master’s degree preferred)
- Experience in counseling preferred
- Willingness to learn another language
- Given the city’s context, a heart for people from the dominant religion in the area
- Counseling convictions that are in agreement with CCEF’s model of counseling (See David’s Powlison’s article entitled “Affirmations and Denials”)