Tapas, laughter, siestas, fiestas, and a “go-with-the flow” outlook on life – all trademarks of the culture in Southern Spain.
Since 1998, the Serge team has worked to bring about a movement of grace-empowered gospel communities in southern Spain, beginning with a church plant in the city. Through Bible studies, worship services, seminars, discipleship groups, and activities for kids and teens, a Christ-focused community is taking root. The team is also serving the local community in tangible ways through clothing exchanges and opportunities to learn English.
Interns will have the opportunity to join our team in advancing this vision/mission in some of the following ways:
- Serve and demonstrate love to children, teens, and families in southern Spain through the vehicle of our summer English camps.
- Help the teams prepare crafts, skits, etc for the camps.
- Offer support in leading and coordinating camp volunteers.
- Get to know and befriend Spanish locals and leaders through acts of service, time, and volunteering.
- Worship together and get to know the members of our multi-cultural church plant.
- Participate in prayer ministry.
Interns will also have the opportunity to:
- Engage in Spanish language classes in the city (1-2 weeks) alongside a group of people from all over the world.
- Possibly travel to another city in Spain and visit one of our teams and learn more about how the Lord is working there.
- Study the “Gospel-Centered Life” curriculum in a small group setting.
Successful interns are usually curious about other cultures, have the courage to enter into unfamiliar situations, are interested in language-learning, are willing to step into a leadership role with the volunteers, have a heart for kids, are willing to build relationships with people who are very different from themselves, and are passionate about the local church and community.
WHERE: Southern Spain
WHEN: June 10-July 25, 2020
WHO: 19+ years old
COST: ~$4, 727
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out an application here!
Early Decision is November 14, 2019
Regular Decision is January 8, 2020
For more information, please contact Ashland Arnold via email at firstname.lastname@example.org