The Serge team in Chile seeks to serve as a catalyst for growth, healing, and Gospel-understanding through word and deed ministries, among the people and churches in Chile and beyond.
OVERVIEW OF MINISTRY IN CHILE
Chile is a predominantly Catholic nation, however, the vast majority of people would consider themselves agnostic or “non-religious.” At the same time, a coldness has settled in evangelical churches where keeping the law has supplanted a deep and genuine love for God and others. People have lost the warmth of friendship and trust.
It is in this context that God has opened doors of ministry where we can come along-side of believers and non-believers and share the life giving message of God’s grace.
CHILE INTERNS WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Cross-cultural training to prepare for working within a Latin American culture
- Life in a Chilean host home where you are certain to become a part of their family
- Gospel renewal, discipleship and equipping, so you can grow in your personal walk with Jesus as well as to be more effective in your personal ministry
- Team building as well as exploring gifting and passions in ministry
- Working along-side other missionaries and Chilean ministry leaders
- Developing friendships with local believers and non-believers
- Serving the people of Chile through practical service, friendship, and mentoring
- Times of retreat and rest
- Adventure and brisk weather – it will be their fall/winter
- Love, friendship, great food, and spectacular scenery
- Knowing Spanish is not a requirement, but having a foundational understanding would be beneficial
WHERE: Valparaiso region, community of Quillota, Chile
WHEN: June 8-July 28, 2020
WHO: 21+ years old
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out an application here!
Early Decision is November 14, 2019
Regular Decision is January 8, 2020
For more information, please contact Ashland Arnold via email at firstname.lastname@example.org