Serge teams in North Africa exist to see the gospel of God’s grace move forward in North Africa through fostering relationships, particularly in the realm of Business for Transformation.
Overview of Serge Ministry in North Africa
North Africa remains one of the world’s least reached regions, with less than 0.5 percent of the population believing in Jesus. Despite an environment of spiritual oppression, a light is beginning to shine there, as Ambassadors of Christ have entered into local communities and set up businesses that provide economic blessing and opportunities to model and share grace, resulting in transformation.
A Serge team has established an arts business in an urban area of North Africa. The business caters to a variety of international and local clients, fostering arts, and cultural connections. Relationships built through this sustainable business provide invaluable open doors to cultural understanding, invitations to homes, and the opportunity to share the hope that we have.
The team is seeking three types of interns to come work for 7 weeks in North Africa:
Contribute to business goals and operations on a daily basis, including: client assistance, facilities upkeep, data entry, marketing, and general support to staff.
Maintain regular studio hours as you work on your proposed creative project, while being mentored by staff artists and making connections in the arts community.
Combining both the administrative and art aspects of the internship, Dual Focus Interns will be involved in the above admin roles in the business but will also have a month of dedicated studio time as an artist.
All North Africa Arts & Business interns will:
- Join a team in which the primary vocational association and work will be an international art business,
- Be mentored in the gospel and cross-cultural work,
- Explore the challenges and benefits of establishing a transformational business in this context,
- Gain a deeper understanding of God’s work in the Arabic-speaking world,
- Learn essential phrases and vocabulary for communicating in the local Arabic dialect,
- Explore gifting and passions in ministry, as well as principles of biblical leadership and vocational discernment,
- Meet with fellow believers in the area,
- Participate in team life with a view to understanding the role of community in this work.
When, Who, and How Much
- June 3 – July 31, 2018
- 19+ years old
*The funding cost for an Artist Intern will be higher because it includes studio fees.
- Applications for summer 2018 internships are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.
This internship requires a separate application from our other internships offered. Submit a request here to be contacted personally and receive an application.