In response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Serge has decided to cancel our 2020 summer internships. Please check back with us in fall 2020 to learn about summer 2021 internship opportunities.
The team in North Africa exists to see the gospel of God’s grace move forward in North Africa through sharing the good news in the context of relationships, particularly through business for transformation.
OVERVIEW OF SERGE MINISTRY IN NORTH AFRICA
North Africa remains one of the world’s least-reached regions, with less than one-tenth of one percent of the population following Jesus. Despite an environment of spiritual oppression, a light is beginning to shine there. Christian workers have entered into local communities through entrepreneurial activities, teaching English as a second language, and teaching children in a variety of contexts.
Within the urban context of the capital city, the Serge team is committed to mentoring and developing future Christian workers for North Africa. Interns will walk alongside two-year apprentices and long-term team members as they serve the community in a variety of ways. Interns will develop cross-cultural relationships through homestays, camps, teaching English to university students, and meeting in cafes with friends in this warm North African context.
NORTH AFRICA BUSINESS AND ESL INTERNS WILL:
- Be mentored in the gospel and cross-cultural work by staff with deep and varied experience
- Learn Arabic in a classroom setting as well as through local relationships,
- Grow in their knowledge and understanding of the region’s dominant religion
- Join other interns to run English conversation clubs for local university students
- Help the team to run a week of English camp for local children in Grades 3-6,
- Observe and participate in the development of local transformational businesses
- Engage with other local North Africa interns in the computer science field with the opportunity of assisting with programming if qualified.
- Have a homestay with a local family
- Join the team in building relationships with people in the community,
- Worship with fellow believers in the area
- Gain a deeper understanding of God’s work in the Arabic-speaking world.
WHERE: N. Africa
WHO: 20+ years old
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are currently closed. For more information, please contact Ashland Arnold via email at email@example.com