The Serge team began working in Granada in 2006 and has embraced the community through a variety of programs tailored to the challenges and needs of life in this unique city and the surrounding barrios. The work includes a bi-lingual church, a recovery ministry for substance abuse, outreach at a local dump, micro-enterprise projects, partnership with the local Young Life clubs, backyard bible study, and a bi-lingual school. These ministries take place at El Puente (The Bridge) mission base, located in the impoverished Santa Rosa neighborhood and Granada Christian Education Center, a Christian elementary school in the community of Pantanal (the swamp).
Granada Intern experiences include:
- Guiding short term teams who come to serve;
- Working construction projects at the school;
- Attending Young Life Clubs;
- Teaching (including ESL and art class);
- Coordinating sports programs;
- Working alongside long-term missionaries and Nicaraguan ministry leaders,
- Taking part in a business initiatives that helps the local community;
- Developing friendships with each other and local community members;
- Going deeper with faith;
- Retreating at the beach and volcano surfing.
The Granada team specifically seeks an intern who can serve as a videographer and make a promotional video for the El Puente Church and Granada Christian Education Center School, including footage from summer team visits and interns.
Where, When, Who, How Much
- Granada, Nicaragua
- June 4 to July 31, 2018
- 19+ years old
- approx. $3,750
- Applications for summer 2018 internships are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please contact Danielle Martinelli via email at email@example.com.