The Serge team in Cluj strives for a spirit of mutual mentorship among ourselves, our host communities, and visiting guests, believing that East and West–especially the churches–have much to learn from each other, for the world’s good and God’s glory.
Since emerging from decades of Communist rule, Romania has experienced dramatic economic growth. Still, the average monthly household income is only 550 EUR ($600 USD).
With 11 universities and more than 100,000 students from Europe and beyond, Cluj was named the 2015 European Youth Capital. Some of these students are the children and grandchildren of ethnic Hungarians who experienced tremendous spiritual revival during Romania’s Communist era. While genuinely valuing the spiritual heritage of earlier generations, many struggle to find and express their own faith in a rapidly changing world.
Romanian Interns will Experience:
- A dynamic and cross-cultural, albeit small, house church,
- The inner-workings of a team through weekly meetings, collaborating on projects and administration support,
- Assisting in hosting a weekly Bible study,
- Culturally relevant ways to connect with locals and help weave them into the church,
- Practicing evangelism,
- Learning a new language (beginner Romanian lessons),
- Contribution to a summer youth camp,
- International mentoring.
Where, When, Who, and How Much
- Cluj, Romania
- June 28 – July 31, 2018
- 19+ years old
- approximately $2,400
- Applications for summer 2018 internships are being accepted on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please contact Danielle Martinelli via email at email@example.com.