In response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Serge has decided to cancel our 2020 summer internships. Please check back with us in fall 2020 to learn about summer 2021 internship opportunities.
The Serge Uganda team seeks to live as vessels of the gospel restoring communities to bring worshippers to Jesus. We value prayer and partnership, investing in emerging Ugandan leadership. We work together to show the compassion of Jesus to the poorest of the poor.
OVERVIEW OF OUR MINISTRY IN UGANDA
The Serge Uganda internship program contributes to the larger team purpose of testifying–by word and deed—to the gospel of God’s grace to Ugandans in the Bundibugyo district of Western Uganda. We do this through discipleship and training in the local church and community. We are engaged in health outreach, medical care, clean water initiatives, nutrition programs, education, and mobilizing laborers for the harvest.
We look for interns who are flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to be uncomfortable. Interns that thrive in our context have a team mentality, relational focus, heart to share Jesus in word and deed, sense of humor, adventurous spirit, and don’t mind a few creepy crawlies and outside bathrooms!
UGANDA INTERNS WILL EXPERIENCE
- Relational ministry through interaction with Ugandans and team members
- Fellowship with Jesus as you serve Him among the poor
- Shared cooking responsibilities
- Sharing the love of Jesus in story and action
- “Real” football with students
- Praying with the team, the sick, and the struggling
- Discipling youth
- Learn to greet in Lubwisi
- Enjoy long church services filled with dancing and singing
- Learn about Ugandan health and nutritional needs
- Eat Ugandan favorites like g-nut sauce with rice and goat
Serve in one or more of the following areas
- Medicine/healthcare professions
- Youth discipleship, sports outreach, and Bible clubs with community children
- Serving long term missionary families with childcare and teen activities
Grow and be discipled
- Interact and work with long-term missionaries
- Develop skills in areas of interest
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Study the “Gospel-Centered Life” curriculum
- Go on safari for a time of reflection and fun
- Develop a broken heart for suffering
- Experience a new level of growth in your relationship with the Lord
WHERE: Bundibugyo, Uganda
WHO: 19+ years old
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are currently closed. For more information, please contact Ashland Arnold via email at firstname.lastname@example.org